Essential Oils to Help Nurture, Guide And Protect Old Souls In Young Bodies
2018 Online Course
Because you love the child or children in your life and you’re looking for something, you know not what, to reach them in a new way, to help them connect and bond with others in a positive way, to nurture the tender seeds of their truest talents. Maybe, you yourself want to recover your own childhood. Read on to learn more about Mothering the Wise Child, a course in essential oils to help nurture, guide and protect old souls in young bodies.
The child may be any age and, as an ‘old soul’…
- Does not mind time alone, especially if it’s outside in nature, walking by a wooded stream, whiling away the hours on a tree limb, or digging a backyard hole as deep as possible.
- Sees the world differently because it is in their very nature to do so. They likely have just one or two best friends or, may love a cherished family pet as their truest companion.
- May seem to you to be way too serious all the time. The child is moved to know, to figure things out, while others their age are happy at play. The old soul child doesn’t catch the ball when it rolls to her feet, she’s “day dreaming in the outfield.” Teacher's are baffled when they call on the child, thinking to catch them with their head in the clouds, but the child comes back with the correct answer.
- May have a smart answer, and their wise cracking can be frustrating for the adults and teachers that care for them. Their sharp wit belies a keen intelligence that longs for an appropriate outlet.
- They are in their own world and are happy there, even though, paradoxically, they long to fit in. The sense of being an outsider and not getting it whatever it is can dig deep into their soul and wound.
- Often, their closest friends are older than them, a favorite teacher, a grandparent, or the mom of a friend.
Why does an old soul need help in the early stages?
The child has a depth that is more developed than others, they are 'wise beyond their years.' She doesn’t always feel like she fits in, though she wants to. Knowing more than her developing mind is ready for gives her an awareness of the world she may not be able to articulate, or have the vocabulary for. This child's mind may be more susceptible and open to nightmares and fear of the dark. There is a rich inner life for these children, worlds in the imagination that take them far off. It can be lonely at times and isolating. It’s not easy for them to "just be kids” because of a sense of responsibility they feel to the world around them. They easily take the weight of the world upon their shoulders, assume that everyone does the same, and end up overly burdened.
“As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still, because I know things and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know.”
― C.G. Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections
How can essentials oils help my child?
Nurturing, guiding, protecting, as parents and caregivers, we love our kids and want to preserve their childhood sense of wonder and innocence. We want to be their shield from what we see in a troubled world. These oils are extremely pure, and very potent extracts from plants, grown around the world in areas where the plants are known to thrive. They are direct from nature and as such, perfect tools in a loving adult’s hands that positively affect emotions and support wellness. Essential oils work on the emotional and physical levels to support overall health and wellbeing. Bottom line, kids love the oils. They are a “medicine” joyfully reached for!
“On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles. We too have been there; we can still hear the sound of the surf, though we shall land no more.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
The course includes:
- My Gift To You: A sample vial of my own Griffin mythological blend with sea glass pottery natural diffuser. Griffins are a very ancient creature from mythology, eagle headed with the body of a lion, they guarded what was most precious. The terra cotta pieces are collected by me on the north shore of Massachusetts. The blend is made from 5 different certified pure essential oils.
- Introduction to the importance of fairy tales & three written lessons as outlined below.
- Welcome participation in a private Facebook group in order to comment, ask questions and interact with myself and others.
- 4 weekly conference calls with me that will be recorded and available for download for listening at your convenience.
The Essential oils
- Prior to class, please purchase the six essential oils that we will be learning about: Certified Pure Geranium, Bergamot, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Peppermint & Wild Orange. Upon signing up, I will be in touch to facilitate the process for you.
Your Written Lessons
- Self Acceptance & Beauty of Soul: An exploration of The Ugly Duckling, by Hans Christian Anderson — written lesson based on the themes of rejection, being left out, not fitting in and finding oneself, with accompanying oils to be used support self acceptance, confidence, and empowerment. Story-telling with Geranium & Bergamot essential oils to support the beautiful emerging swan in every child.
- Relief from recurring nightmares: — We meet the Sandman, Ole Luk Oie in Danish, who gently takes children to sleep, carrying his two umbrellas under each arm. As Hans Christian Anderson wrote, “In all the world there is no one who knows so many stories as the Sandman, and he knows how to tell them too.” You’ll also learn about the Griffin, an ancient creature of myth, part eagle, part lion, who were employed to guard what was most precious. The oils of Juniper Berry, the Oil of the Night, Lavender, & Griffin blend, my special guardian blend will accompany this lesson.
- Mother Nature’s Medicine — Gaia was the Greek mother goddess who was the personification of the Earth, she is the grandmother of Demeter, another earth goddess who is mother to Persephone, goddess of spring and queen of the Underworld. Gaia is a creator and considered by the ancient Greeks to have given birth to the Earth and all the universe. Her presence is everywhere in nature, and in the wild places, a true ally for the old soul in a young body. Peppermint, a favorite of many children, & Wild Orange, the great Oil of Abundance and sunshine, will be our last two essential oils.
What is your take home from this course? You will have a new appreciation for the power of good stories and fairy tales in your child's life, a foundational knowledge of how to use six essential oils to support your child. This empowers you to build upon what you know, beyond this course, adding more essential oils to your repertoire, or "tool bag." Many I talk to love sharing essential oils with their children and report relaxed moods, melt-downs relieved, and peaceful atmospheres in the home. From this course, you will have a special skill set to meet your child with an even greater depth of nurturing, guidance to help them navigate their own emotional territories, and support them to find inner confidence, self assurance and calm that promotes healthy boundaries.
Recommended reading: The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales, by Bruno Bettelheim
What do others say about me as a teacher?
From a five week online course on the mystical runes...
I had a wonderful time learning to read the Norse runes as taught by Jenn. She was very knowledgable on the meaning and the history connected with the runes. She would tell mythological stories of the tree of life, gods and goddesses with each rune. Jenn would get so excited in her teaching and you definitely could tell she loved passing on this knowledge. I highly recommend taking any classes she offers. Diane C.
How does the course work? You will receive one written lesson per week posted on Monday mornings on a password protected section of this website. The topics will cover figures from fairy tales and mythology that may be familiar to you, and I'll talk about the old stories in new ways. We will apply their themes to the challenges the old soul in a young body faces. You will gain an education on the paired essential oils for each topic. We pair the oils to the stories like wine to a course at dinner, and as such, they enhance the "flavor" of the story, and activate the positive qualities and power of the helpful messages to support you and your child.
We will have four conference calls to give us the chance interact directly that will be one hour in length. I will post recordings of the calls for you to listen later if needed. You'll be able to download them and listen whenever it is convenient.
Register below for mothering the wise child
Please note, we are not currently enrolling for this course, but you may send in the form to express your interest.
I use certified pure essential oils and have a membership with a company that I love because I trust in the purity of their products, the company helps worldwide communities, and they assure that the plants are harvested when at their peak for strength and efficacy. Just as important, I love the quality of oils and use them daily and share with my family. They've made all our lives better in many ways. I am a mom who believes strongly in 'healthy' cooking and serving organic foods. I also do my best to keep my home environment as free from harmful chemicals as I can. These essential oils support my goals beautifully. You are welcome to write me if in advance of registration if you'd like to know exactly what brand of essential oils I work with.
With love, Jenn
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.